30A – Final Reflection

Image result for just the beginning


What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I think there was a point where I had to look at my business model/selling point of my venture and really dig deep to find out my "secret sauce" and what I needed to do to beat existing solutions and competitors.

It felt great to see great reception to my idea and even some people saying that's what they needed.

I was proud that I managed to network at a blockchain conference in UF and managed to meet entrepreneurs and one had invited me to a monthly meetup with other entrepreneurs.


 At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
I wouldn't say I am an entrepreneur yet as I would save that for when I am actually working towards a product and have a company but I do see others calling what I am doing being an entrepreneur. I definitely feel that I am further developing my entrepreneurial mindset and expanding my networks and resources.

What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
The one thing that I was told by an entrepreneur was to just put yourself out there to network. Because networking is so important , I felt that was the best tip. It was the very fact that I just took that step to introduce myself and ask a question that led me to met him and other people and I learnt so much.

I think students just need to preserver , take in feedback and criticism , find passion and energy and the skills sets to match their idea.  


Comments

  1. Hi Cory, I can say for myself that the bug list for me was a very enlightening experience. It allowed me to realize all of the opportunities available within my surroundings that have not been addressed. I also feel that this class provided me with the tools in becoming an effective entrepreneur and being competitive in the market. Furthermore, your advice for future students is key to this class because it truly allows you to gain more knowledge throughout the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cory,
    I agree that digging deep to find our secret sauce was a challenge but also a very formative experience. I am glad you brought up networking as an accomplishment and important thing to do to be successful. As an entrepreneur, your connections are absolutely essential, so by networking and meeting other people, not only can you share ideas and learn, but can also gain potential business partners, advisors or customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cory, I definitely agree with what you said at the end. The most important part is perseverance and resilience. Criticism and failure are necessary within entrepreneurship because they make a truly strong company. I also had similar things to say about my entrepreneurial mindset. I have not fully developed it yet but I am much closer to having one. It's been great commenting on your posts this semester! Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment