26A – Celebrating Failure

This is a difficult one that I had to think about , because I loved this semester as I do not regret one bit going on an exchange program over here. The thing is I changed my mind halfway through my degree on my plans on going on an exchange program as I was adamant on not going for an exchange.

I did have one failure I can recall recently which was trying to sell my ticket to a football game as I bought the season tickets but I could't go as I was going to travel for another event in Orlando.
I had not checked the football schedule at all as I had bought the ticket for the event in Orlando many weeks before so that was a major failure of planning and forecasting on my end.
I also had not anticipated that the facebook group for selling tickets required permission by admins to join the group before posting so that delayed me further , so I lost my opportunities to post and make a sale. However , I did try to message respondents on the group , bypassing the permissions needed to comment or post on the group but that was difficult as people replied too fast.

I learnt that planning ahead is very important but also perseverance in hard times is important as I was close to getting the ticket sold despite the setbacks and obstacles. It was just that I had really hard limit to the time I had to sell my ticket.


I think failure is important and good as long as you learn from it and not let it put you down for too long. I think I mostly handle failure pretty well and turn it around as motivation to do better. I had been turned down several internship opportunities despite feeling very qualified and doing well in the interview but in the end I found a better opportunity that is going to help my future a lot. I wouldnt say this class changed my perspective on failure as I am quite experienced with failure as I am also older but this year has definitely challenged me as I have failed in many aspects but I am still fighting and positive for the future and look forward to the next year.

Comments

  1. Hi Cory, interesting take on failure. I have never thought of not being able to sell a football ticket as failure, but rather an inconvenience so I enjoyed reading what you had to say. I like how you said that you are still positive for the future. That is very important because it shows resilience. Failure shouldn't knock you down - it should just teach you a lesson! Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cory, I always love responding to your posts. I had no clue you were on an exchange program! Very cool. It's awesome how everyone sees failure differently. I also agree that failure is good, as long as you grow from it. I also think accepting failure comes with age. OLDER=WISER. Good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (THE COMMENT ABOVE FROM "UNKNOWN" IS FROM ME , I WASN'T SIGNED INTO MY GMAIL) Hi Cory, I always love responding to your posts. I had no clue you were on an exchange program! Very cool. It's awesome how everyone sees failure differently. I also agree that failure is good, as long as you grow from it. I also think accepting failure comes with age. OLDER=WISER. Good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment